Monday, July 18, 2016

Plus Size News: Plus size Leading ladies



Ghostbusters premiered last week and I am so excited to see it! Not only is it a reboot of a classic movie, but the main cast is all women! To add frosting to a spectacular cake, two of the leading ladies are plus sized and owning it.

Melissa McCarthy and Leslie Jones are killing it! Along side them is funny gal Kristen Wiig and the hottie that stole my heart, Kate McKinnon. I'm a fan of Melissa, and the way they styled her in this movie is so cute. The dress shirts and cute cardigans is doing it for me. She looks quirky and adorable. They dressed Leslie like your aunty Patty that works long hours for the MTA, but that's what they were going for right?

Rest assured that Leslie has great style off camera. Her stylist dresses her so well that I don't get why designers won't dress her! She would look marvelous  in gowns because of her height (6′ 0″) and she's stunning.




The representation in this movie is off the charts and I can't wait to see it.

Now Cris Hemsworth. I loved what I've seen in the trailer, so far Chris is an air head. Usually that role is filled by a woman. This time it's a buff, blonde, male bimbo. Male bimbos and female heroines should be the new norm. Gives us girls an opportunity to shine, not only because of out glitter covered tits.

All in all this reboot looks great and I'm excited to sit down and see it.

Xoxo Joachris

I'm not sure if this is a coincidence, but I had a twinkie today and it had the Ghostbusters logo on it. I laughed and remembered that the movie had two plus sized girls in it.   

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!

 
blank'/>