Friday, May 27, 2016

Life Update!

As you may or may not know, I want to start a career in styling. Specifically plus size styling. Well it's hard to be a stylist in New York. Everybody and their mama is a stylist in New York. That wasn't that point of this blog post. I wanted to tell someone that back in Octoberish I assisted a stylist on an editorial photoshoot.
It took 9 months, but my name is going to be in a magazine for the first time! I am so excited and happy to finally see it. For some, this might not be a big deal, but for me it definitely is! When it hits the stands, I will buy a whole bunch and just hand them to people! I check the website everyday just see my name in bold letters on an actual fashion website.


Magazine website!

In March I assisted the same stylist, but for a music video.
It was such a long day and I never want to do it again. We started in hair and makeup at 7 in the morning didn't leave the artist's Air BnB till 9 am.
From there we went to the Brooklyn Bridge, then to the Flat Iron Building, then to Bryant Park and ended finally in a hotel room. We all did this on a cold day. You can only imagine the cold on the Brooklyn Bridge! It was cool to work on a music video, it was not fun being in the cold.


These two experiences are why I want to be a stylist!  




0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!

 
blank'/>